Hey lovelies, Happy New Year. I am so grateful to God to see this year and I am so excited to see what this year has for me. First of all I apologize for this late post, it was meant to be up on Christmas day but I woke up sick on Christmas morning (ikr it was not nice lol) so without wasting your timeeeeeee, what do we have in Sonari’s kitchen today…..? Nigerian Fried rice, yesss!!!!!
- 450g basmati rice (the basmati rice I used is called Setara, I highly recommend it)
- Mixed vegetables (I got mine from Lidl)
- King prawns (I also got this from Lidl)
- Maggi cubes
- Salt to taste
- a tablespoon of curry
- Dunn’s river Mixed spice (you can get this from any afro carribean stores in U.K)
- Mixed pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- Blended scotch bonnet
- Vegetable oil
- Turkey and turkey gizzard
- Wash your turkey and turkey gizzard
- Add your ingredients (1 blended scotch bonnet, maggi cubes and salt to taste, a tablespoon of curry, all purpose seasoning, thyme, ginger and garlic paste, mixed spic, Knorr aromat and chopped onions) and cook for an hour.
- When you are sure your turkey and gizzard is soft enough, dish it out leaving the water gotten from the turkey in the pot because you will need it to cook the rice.
- Wash your rice and pour it into the stock (the water gotten from the cooked turkey). I always like my stock to be the same level with my rice to avoid overcooking the rice.
- Allow the rice to cook until the water dries up, if your rice is not soft enough after the water dries up, you can add more water and ingredients (maggi and all purpose seasoning).
- In a frying pan, pour about 2 tablespoon of vegetbale oil, add maggi, thyme, salt and all purpose seasoning then pour your mixed vegetables, king prawn and chopped red pepper into the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.
- When your mixed vegetable has cooked for about 8-10 minutes and your rice is cooked as well, then pour your mixed vegetable into your cooked rice and mix carefully.
- In another pot, pour 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil, add the same ingedients I listed above, then pour your blended tomatoes and mixed chopped pepper and stir properly.
- Then gradually add your turkey and gizzard and cook for 5 minutes.
There you go, your fried rice and peppered turkey is ready to serve!!!!!!!!!